Official Instagram Photo Contest Rules
Instagram Photo Contest Giveaway
The Study at Home Instagram photo contest is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State U.S. Consulate in Adana, Turkey.
Description of the Contest
Due to the current global pandemic, schools are closed and students are studying remotely. We’re working at home too, and we want to express our support for you! Send us a photo of you studying at home or even just your study at home space! Message us your photo (max. 1 MB), follow our page, like the contest post, and tag at least five of your friends in the comments of the contest announcement. We will select our three favorite photos and the winners will receive an Apple iPad (first prize) or Airpods (second and third prize). At the end of the contest, we’ll share some of the submitted photos on Consulate Adana’s Instagram page so we can see how we are all in this together.
How to Enter
On Friday April 10, 2020 we will post the contest on the Adana Consulate Instagram account @abdadanakonsoloslugu. To participate, message us a photo of you and/or your work space while you’re studying at home. Then follow our Instagram page, like the contest post, and tag at least five (5) friends in the comments before 17:00 on April 26, 2020. That’s it! If you are 13-18 years old, you must first get your parent’s consent to participate and to share your photo.
To provide an eligible entry:
- Send us a photo of you studying remotely or of your study space. Photo size should not exceed 1 MB.
- Follow our U.S. Consulate Adana Instagram account @abdadanakonsoloslugu.
- Like our contest post.
- In the comments section, tag five or more of your friends.
- You must be a student who is at least 13 years old to participate (see “Eligibility” section).
Participation in this contest is deemed as acceptance of these Official Contest Rules. Each person may only enter the contest once. The contest will begin at 12:00 Turkey time on April 10, 2020 and will end at 17:00 Turkey time on April 26, 2020.
- Submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, calls or incitement to violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion. Submissions must conform to local law and must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful to any groups, individuals, or institutions. Submissions must adhere both in appearance and in fact to the norms of civil discourse. In other words, the content of all submissions must be suitable for a global, public audience.
- S. Consulate Adana reserve the right to disqualify, at their sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria and to the intent and substance of these Official Contest Rules.
- In the event of any question or difference of views regarding compliance with, interpretation, or application of these content requirements or other provisions of these Official Contest Rules, U.S. Consulate Adana reserves the exclusive right to resolve such questions or differences of views in their sole discretion.
- Contestants must be students who are at least 13 years old on the date of entry into the contest. Parental or legal guardian consent is required for individuals under the age of 18 — your participation signifies that you have asked for and obtained your parents’ consent to participate and to have your photo posted on U.S. Consulate Adana’s Instagram page. Contestants must be residents of Turkey and may not be U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.
- The individual submitting the entry will be considered the contestant and will be the only individual eligible to compete for the prize. Organizations are not eligible to compete for the prize, either as an entity, or through representation by an individual. In order to be eligible for the prize, the contestant must provide complete and accurate information. Individuals may only provide one photo entry for participation.
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the contest: Employees, interns, directors, and officers and workers of U.S. Consulate Adana, Instagram, or the U.S. Government; or any employee, interns, directors, or officers of any agencies, companies, or entities involved in the administration, advertising, judging, creation, development, execution, and/or fulfillment of this contest; and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, recognized partner, parent, child, sibling, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same household of each such individual.
- Once a submission has been accepted for entry into the contest, the contestant’s name (or User ID, if the contestant wishes to remain anonymous) and country may be publicly identified at the sole discretion of the contestant.
Selection of Winners
A panel of three American officers will select the winners among all eligible photos. Winners will be contacted via direct message on Thursday, April 30th, and announced on the Consulate’s Instagram account @abdadanakonsoloslugu on Monday, May 4th, 2020. The inability of U.S. Consulate Adana to contact a potential winner may result in selection of an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible submissions.
- First prize: iPad (Wi-Fi, 128gb capacity); second and third prize: Airpods.
- Each winner must provide a valid physical mailing address where a prize, if any, is to be shipped. U.S. Consulate Adana is not responsible for any problems related to the shipping of any prize, including, but not limited to, theft, delay, damage, or destruction/accidental loss by the shipping carrier. If a winner does not provide a valid physical mailing address, then U.S. Consulate Adana reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
- Any unused portion of the prize is not transferable, convertible, or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. All taxes on or in connection with any prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the winner.
Liability and Rights
- U.S. Consulate Adana reserves the right at any time, to verify the validity of entries and of contestants and to disqualify any contestant or entry deemed not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules. U.S. Consulate Adana also reserves the right to request further documentation, at their sole and absolute discretion, to verify eligibility and compliance with these Official Contest Rules.
- If a prize or any portion thereof is unavailable, U.S. Consulate Adana, in its sole discretion, reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
- If this contest is interfered or tampered with in any way by a contestant, or a person acting on the contestant’s behalf, or, if, as a consequence of such interference, the contest is not capable of being reasonably conducted in the manner anticipated by U.S. Consulate Adana, U.S. Consulate Adana reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any interfering contestant and/or modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the contest.
- U.S. Consulate Adana reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate, or cancel the contest at their discretion for any reason.
- Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless U.S. Consulate Adana, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees, interns, and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debts, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from (I) violation of these Official Contest Rules; (ii) violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary right in connection with the contest; or (iii) any claim that a contest submission caused any harm, including financial, to any third party. These indemnifications and hold harmless obligations will survive indefinitely beyond the conclusion of the contest.
- The conduct, judging, and awarding of prizes will be carried out in full compliance with applicable U.S. law and host country law. In the event of a conflict between U.S. law and host country law, U.S. law shall apply.
- U.S. Consulate Adana and the U.S. Government will take reasonable measures to protect privacy data, personally identifiable information, and other sensitive data of contestants. Contact information provided by contestants may be stored by U.S. Consulate Adana and may be used to contact contestants for other purposes in the future.
- U.S. Consulate Adana assumes no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload, download, or otherwise access any information in connection with participating in the contest. U.S. Consulate Adana assumes no responsibility or liability for technical problems, or technical malfunctions arising in connection with the operation of the contest, including: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the contest site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the contest site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the contest.
- Use of contest site is at user’s own risk. U.S. Consulate Adana is not responsible for any personal injury, property damage, or losses of any kind which may be sustained to computer equipment resulting from participation in the contest, use of the contest site or the downloading of information from the contest site. By participating in the contest, the contestant releases U.S. Consulate Adana from any and all claims arising from or relating to such contestant’s participation in the contest, whether directly or indirectly.
- U.S. Consulate Adana is not liable in the event that any portion of the contest is cancelled or delayed due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other reason.