Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Update on Passport Services
Limited passport services available. The U.S. Embassy in Ankara and the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul can assist you with a limited validity passport for an adult or minor if you have an urgent need to travel. Please note that the printing facilities in the United States which handle passport and certificates of birth abroad are closed for routine services. If you have previously applied for a passport or citizenship service, you should expect significant delays receiving your passport and/or your citizenship evidence documents. Unless you have urgent travel plans, please consider waiting to apply until normal operations resume.
Actions to Take:
- Carry identity and travel documents with you at all times.
- Visit the Turkish General Directorate of Civil Aviation for up to date information on Turkey’s international flights.
- Visit the Turkish Airlines Coronavirus webpage for information on Suspended flights, Travel restrictions, Zero change fee, Flexible change, Online transactions, and their Announcements
- Visit the TCDD press release on suspension of inter-city trains.
- Visit local resources for more information:
- Turkish Ministry of Health COVID-19
- Turkish Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Turkish Presidency’s interactive COVID-19 web page
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Turkey.
- U.S. Embassy (Ankara, Turkey)
110 Ataturk Boulevard
- U.S. Consulate General (Istanbul, Turkey)
Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyer Caddesi No: 75
İstinye 34460 Sariyer- Istanbul / Turkey
- U.S. Consulate (Adana, Turkey)
Girne Bulvari No:212 Guzelevler Mah.
Yuregir, Adana – TÜRKİYE
- U.S. Consular Agency (Izmir, Turkey)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Turkey’s Country Page
Turkey’s Travel Advisory
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
Follow the Embassy’s primary social media accounts: Twitter and Facebook