Your visa case has been refused under Section 221(g) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act.
Further administrative processing of your application is required before a decision can be made regarding your eligibility for a visa. Administrative processing, on average takes four months, but we are unable to estimate the amount of time it will take for any particular applicant.
As soon as this processing is completed, the Embassy will send you an email providing further instructions.
Note: If the status of the principal applicant is “pending”, derivatives must wait for the principal applicant.
|Immediate attention required
Before we can continue processing your visa application, we need you to send the information and/or documents marked urgent to us. No further action can be taken on your file before this information reaches our office. We require a response within 20 days. Late responses may cause additional delays in processing your case.
Please submit this information via the web Contact Form.
We are pleased to inform you that the administrative processing for your case is completed.
Applicants may send us their passports and required documents via the Turkish postal service (PTT).
Applicants whose status is marked “Processing Completed” are encouraged to send their documents to the Embassy at least two weeks prior to their processing expiration date. Applicants with “Processing Pending” or other statuses should not send their passports and should not come to the Embassy.
After your documents are received, a consular officer will review your case to ensure each applicant meets eligibility and admissibility criteria. If everything is in order, your visa packet will be prepared and sent to the PTT office which you chose. If additional work is needed for your case, your passport(s) will be returned to the PTT office with an explanation. In most cases, you will receive a decision five work days after your submission.
Prior to coming to the Embassy, each applicant should do the following:
1. Send a valid passport. Each visa applicant needs to have a passport valid for six months beyond the intended of entry into the United States.
2. Register with PTT. Each family member applying for a visa needs to register their pickup location individually with the Turkish postal service (PTT), and to provide a copy of their registration to the Embassy. This registration must be completed every time applicants bring passports and documents to the Immigrant Visa Unit. To register, please click on the Courier Info link or call +90 850 390-2884 from Türkiye or (703) 520-2490 from the United States.
3. Confirm medical clearance validity. Immigration/refugee medical examinations are valid for 6 months or less. The validity of your immigrant visa will be limited to match the validity of your medical clearance. If your medical report has expired, or will expire before you intend to arrive in the United States, you are required to renew your medical examination and to submit an updated medical report to our office. Please do not send us a copy of your x-ray results.
4. Check Visa Bulletin. Before sending passports or coming to the Embassy, applicants for family-preference immigrant visas (ex. F1, F2, F3, F4) should check the current month’s visa bulletin for their visa class and foreign state of chargeability. Visa numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed in the bulletin.
5. Send any other documents that were requested by a consular officer.
We are pleased to inform you that you and all of your family members (if any) have been issued a visa. If you have not received your visa packet yet, please contact the PTT branch you have chosen.
|Pending for Missing Documents
Before we can continue processing your visa application, we need you to send the information and/or documents marked urgent to us. No further action can be taken on your file before this information reaches our office.
|Pending for Missing Documents|
|Fail to Show-up
You can request to reschedule an immigrant visa appointment through http://usvisa-info.com. Applicants/petitioners can also call the Visa Information Service at 0850 390 2884 from Türkiye or (703) 520-2490 from the United States to reschedule. The requests coming through these channels will be evaluated and you will be informed of the new appointment date by email.
|Fail to Show-up|
You are required to attend an additional immigrant visa interview with the United States Embassy in Ankara, Türkiye because more than a year has passed since your first interview and/or a consular officer determined it necessary.
|Principal Applicant is Issued a Visa
The Principal Applicant and some of the derivatives (if any) have been issued a visa. However, please note that applications for other family members are still under process.
If you receive an error message when you enter your case number into the system please try several times and if you still receive an error message, please contact us.
Additional administrative reviewing is not required. However, your case is still pending for other family members’ processing.
Your case is still under review. A consular officer will review your case to ensure each applicant meets eligibility and admissibility criteria. You will receive a decision as soon as the reviewing is completed.