If administrative processing is required, the consular officer will inform the applicant at the interview. Duration of administrative processing varies but most administrative processing is resolved within 6 months. However, the timing varies based on the circumstances of each case. Before inquiring about the status of administrative processing, please wait at least 6 months after your interview. Please check your email frequently, as soon as the administrative processing is completed, we will notify you by email with additional instructions.
Your visa case has been refused under Section 221(g) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act.
Except in cases of emergency travel (i.e., serious illnesses, injuries, or deaths in your immediate family), before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants should wait at least 6 months from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents.
You will not receive an individual response to email inquiries about administrative processing, and we cannot predict how long the process will take or cannot give advice on where to wait while this process is on-going.
If your case requires further administrative processing, please send all of the missing documents along with your valid passport after receiving processing completed confirmation via email from the Embassy.
Note: If the status of the principal applicant is “pending”, derivatives must wait for the principal applicant.
|Immediate attention required
Before we can continue processing your visa application, we need you to send the information and/or documents marked urgent to us. No further action can be taken on your file before this information reaches our office. We require a response within 20 days. Late responses may cause additional delays in processing your case.
Please submit this information via the web Contact Form.
We are pleased to inform you that the administrative processing for your case is completed.
IMPORTANT: Please note that derivative applicants cannot be issued a visa before their principal applicants’ administrative processing is complete.
All applicants should send us their passports and required documents via the Turkish postal service (PTT).
After your documents are received, a consular officer will review your case to ensure each applicant meets eligibility and admissibility criteria. If everything is in order, your visa packet will be prepared and sent to the PTT office which you chose. If additional work is needed for your case, your passport(s) will be returned to the PTT office with an explanation.
Applicants who were under 14 years of age at the time of interview, who reach their fourteenth birthday while their parent’s case was undergoing administrative processing must return to the Embassy to provide fingerprints.
Prior to sending your documents to the Embassy, each applicant should do the following:
1. Print out one copy of the email.
2. DS-260 form: Please update with any changes and resubmit the DS-260 application form(s) if it is in re-opened status. After this you do not need to take any action, you do not need to email us after resubmitting the application form(s).
3. Send a valid passport. If your passport is expired or has less than 8-months of validity, please send a scanned copy of your new passport’s bio page immediately via email. This is necessary to avoid possible delays in your visa process.
4. Register with PTT. Each family member applying for a visa needs to register their pickup location individually with the Turkish postal service (PTT), and to provide a copy of their registration to the Embassy. This registration must be completed every time applicants bring passports and documents to the Immigrant Visa Unit. To register, please visit https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ or call +90 850 390 2884 from Turkey or (703) 520-2490 from the United States.
5. Confirm medical clearance validity/ Renew your medical report. Immigration/refugee medical examinations are valid for 6 months or less. The validity of your immigrant visa will be limited to match the validity of your medical clearance. If your medical report has expired, or will expire before you intend to arrive in the United States, you are required to renew your medical examination and submit an updated medical report to our office. Please do not send us a copy of your x-ray results. (For appointments: Doctorun Immigrant & Refugee Health – Ungan Family Practice http://www.doctorun.com t: +90 850 532 8472, t: +90 850 532 62 27 (It takes at least 2 days for your medical report to be sent to our office) To obtain a new medical report you will need to make a new payment. If you have technical problems in making an appointment or have specific questions regarding ONLY the medical appointment contact Dr. Ungan’s office at +90 850 532 84 72 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Send two new photo taken within the last six months.
7. Send any other documents that were requested by a consular officer.
We are pleased to inform you that you and all of your family members (if any) have been issued a visa. If you have not received your visa packet yet, please contact the PTT branch you have chosen.
Note: USCIS Immigrant Fee: All individuals who are issued immigrant visas overseas must pay an Immigrant Fee to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) prior to traveling to the United States This fee is for processing your residency status and printing your Permanent Resident Card. Only children are exempt from entering the United States under the Hague Process, Returning residents. and people traveling on a K visa are exempt from paying USCIS fee. Please refer to USCIS Immigrant Fee to make the payment.
We encourage you to read the following instructions: Know Before You Go.
|Pending for Missing Documents
If your application was denied because documentation or information is missing, please provide the missing documents or information after your interview. You have one year from the date you were refused a visa to submit the additional information, otherwise your case will be terminated.
Documents may be submitted to the U.S Embassy via any courier service and must also be uploaded/scanned to your file in the Department of State’s Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://ceac.state.gov/IV for electronic/paperless cases. To see the uploading/scanning tips, please review the instructions on: https://tr.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/91/Uploading-to-CEAC-instructions.pdf.
If you registered with Turkish Postal Office (PTT), you may send documents via PTT. For more information on courier services, please visit our consular service provider at: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-tr/iv/information/courier.
Please send the missing documents along with your passports at once. Documents uploaded will not be reviewed until they are received with your passport at the Embassy.
If you already submitted additional documents for your case as requested by the Embassy, please allow 2 weeks for a consular officer to review your case. Due to the volume of mail received, you will not be notified of receipt of your documents unless we require additional information. DO NOT send multiple emails with the same inquiry. Once the additional information is evaluated, we will provide additional information.
|Pending for Missing Documents|
|Fail to Show-up
If you are unable to attend your appointment, please visit https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ to reschedule. You may only reschedule your immigrant visa appointment 24 hours after your original scheduled interview date. After you register your original appointment date on this web site please click on “group actions” menu and select “Missed my appointment” and “send your request. Once we approve your request, you will be able to select a new appointment date on the website.
If there are no available appointments, please continue to monitor this website for availability. If you encounter any technical issues with your account, please contact our service provider If you are unable to attend your original appointment there may be a significant delay before the next available appointment.
Reminder: You need to register your original NVC/KCC appointment online before you can reschedule it. Rescheduling is only possible on a date after your assigned appointment.
|Fail to Show-up|
You are required to attend an additional immigrant visa interview with the United States Embassy in Ankara, Türkiye because more than a year has passed since your first interview and/or a consular officer determined it necessary.
|Principal Applicant is Issued a Visa
The Principal Applicant and some of the derivatives (if any) have been issued a visa. However, please note that applications for other family members are still under process.
If you receive an error message when you enter your case number into the system please try several times and if you still receive an error message, please contact us.
Additional administrative reviewing is not required. However, your case is still pending for other family members’ processing.
Your case is still under review. A consular officer will review your case to ensure each applicant meets eligibility and admissibility criteria. You will receive a decision as soon as the reviewing is completed.