Required Documents

  • A completed Form DS-117, Application to Determine Returning Resident Status;
  • Your Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) and/or your Re-Entry Permit (Form I-327);
  • Your passport,
  • $180 Fee (non-refundable). 

You should also submit supporting documents that show the following:

  • Proof of your ties to the U.S. and your intention to return (Examples: tax returns for the last 3 years and evidence of economic, family, and social ties to the U.S.)
  • Proof that your prolonged stay outside of the U.S. was for reasons beyond your control (Examples: medical incapacitation, employment with a U.S. company, etc.)