- A completed Form DS-117, Application to Determine Returning Resident Status;
- Your Permanent Resident Card (Form I-551) and/or your Re-Entry Permit (Form I-327);
- Your passport,
- $180 Fee (non-refundable).
You should also submit supporting documents that show the following:
- Proof of your ties to the U.S. and your intention to return (Examples: tax returns for the last 3 years and evidence of economic, family, and social ties to the U.S.)
- Proof that your prolonged stay outside of the U.S. was for reasons beyond your control (Examples: medical incapacitation, employment with a U.S. company, etc.)