We look forward to serving you at our new location at 1480 Sokak No. 1, Çukurambar Mahallesi 06530, Çankaya, Ankara as of September 1, 2022. When you reach the embassy, please proceed to the consular entrance at the corner of Öğretmenler Caddesi and 1480. Sokak.
Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that if your question is answered below, you will not receive another response.
Before you make a reservation for travel to the USA, please ensure you are aware of all travel and transit restrictions affecting travel to the USA based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) – https://www.cdc.gov/ Not complying with these travel and transit restrictions will cause delays in your travel and possible financial loss due to ticket cancellations. For further information, please visit the website below:
Please read the following to find the answers to your commonly asked questions.
CURRENT NONIMMIGRANT VISA OPERATIONS:
The U.S. Embassy in Ankara and the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul currently have limited appointments available for all nonimmigrant visa classes. Appointments will become available as conditions allow, and you may be able to obtain a new appointment or re-schedule your appointment using the system.
For more information, including appointment scheduling, please visit: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-tr/niv
Emergency visa requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. If you feel you have an emergency need, please follow the instructions for Emergency Requests below.
If you need to request an emergency visa appointment, log into your account at the official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service site https://ais.usvisa-info.com and schedule the first available appointment, then select “Request Expedite” under “Group Actions” and detail the emergency (e.g. medical crisis or similar humanitarian circumstance compelling urgent and unexpected travel).
We have a very limited number of emergency visa appointment slots. If we approve your request for an expedited appointment, we will schedule you for the first slot available. Once your appointment has been scheduled no changes can be made. If you cannot attend your interview on a given date, you will need to reschedule your appointment by logging into your account on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/
Your emergency request may be denied if we do not have the appointment capacity to accommodate your request. If your request was denied, please do not send a separate email asking to reconsider. Please monitor the Embassy’s website for updates to our operating status: https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/
RENEWING YOUR VISA:
If your visa expired within the last 48 months and your biographical information and visa category remains unchanged, you may not be required to have an in-person interview. Renewals can take up to 4-6 weeks due to reduced staffing. Once your passport is mailed to our office, we will not be able to locate your passport until your visa application has been processed.
Please visit our GSS website for further details.
Please see our FAQ for more information.
Renewal by mail for applicants who already have appointments: If you have already scheduled an appointment but are eligible for renewal by mail, you will need to cancel the appointment and edit your profile on https://ais.usvisa-info.com
Please see our FAQ for more information.
1. Case Status Check, Administrative Processing, or New Documents: If your case is pending administrative processing, you may monitor the status at: https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
If you have urgent travel, please provide your full name, date of birth, and CEAC barcode/case number, along with specific information about your urgent need to travel, and we may be able to check on the status. If you do not receive a response, then know that your case is still pending administrative processing. However, please rest assured that we will contact you as soon as your administrative processing is complete.
Expired or Expiring Visas: If you are unable to travel on your visa before it expires, you will need to reapply. Please review https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant -visas/, “Do I need an appointment?” to assess whether you may qualify for an interview waiver as a returning applicant. Please refer to the above topic on RENEWING YOUR VISA and our GSS Website for more details.
3. Rescheduling and Scheduling an Appointment: When available, nonimmigrant visa appointments may be rescheduled here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com Do not cancel your appointment to reschedule, please use the “reschedule” function instead.
4. Medical Professionals: If you are writing to inquire about a visa to work in a medical field in the United States, please find additional information here: https://tr.usembassy.gov/faq-h1b-j1-medical-visas-to-work-in-the-us/
5. Travel Restrictions: All non-U.S. citizen travelers must be fully vaccinated and show a negative COVID-19 test result to travel to the United States. Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required in all indoor areas of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and indoors in U.S. transportation hubs (including airports). Only limited exceptions apply.
More information may be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel/index.html
If you are traveling to the United States and would like to request an exemption from pre-departure testing or an exception for proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, please reply to this email with the subject line: Vaccination or Pre-Departure Testing Exception
Please see the list of testing centers listed by each province in Turkey here.
6. Admission Procedures: Admission into the United States is under the jurisdiction of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and the Embassy cannot provide advice on procedures at the port of entry. If you have questions about admission to the U.S., contact CBP directly: https://help.cbp.gov/s/?language=en_US. For additional background on entry procedures, review: https://www.dhs.gov/coronavirus/protecting-air-travelers-and-american-public
7. Denied Boarding: The Embassy cannot assist you in getting approval for boarding or entry into the United States. Questions regarding denial of boarding are handled via the Department of Homeland Security redress system – to access this system please go to: https://www.dhs.gov/dhs-trip.
Questions regarding denial at the port of entry by CBP, please refer to paragraph #6. Please see Paragraph #5 for details on current travel restrictions.
8.Afghan Citizens: Individuals seeking assistance for Afghan partners can find more information at the State Department website: Afghanistan Inquiries – United States Department of State
Afghan citizens in need of support in Turkey can find more information about refugee assistance at the UNHCR website: https://help.unhcr.org/turkey/. Information on the website is available in multiple languages. The Government of Turkey, not the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), manages all refugee status determinations within the country.
Covid-19 Vaccination and Testing Required for U.S. Entry:
U.S. Mission Turkey’s COVID-19 page:
https://ais.usvisa-info.com/, then select Turkey
MRV Fee Information:
J1/H1B Medical Visa Information:
For urgent questions about Nonimmigrant Visa Services, you may contact us via: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-tr/niv/information/contact_us